Wamkelekile e Afrika
You are welcome in Africa
Click here to download the Reach to Recovery song “Because of you” by Adri van Niewenhuizen and Michael Lindt
Together We Reach
The Reach to Recovery International Breast Cancer Support Conference was held in Africa for the first time from 20-22 March 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa.
The theme of the conference was Together We Reach and we looked at breast cancer from the perspectives of the patient (both the newly diagnosed and those with metastatic spread), the survivor, the partner, the family, the community, the breast cancer activist and the health professional. We reached together to improve the quality of life for women and men with breast cancer.
This conference appealed to women and men across the world as Together we Reached for:
- A better knowledge of breast cancer
- A better understanding of the needs of low-resourced areas
- Improved service delivery and support for patients, survivors and families
- Sustainable solutions that can be used across borders
- Increased networking opportunities to facilitate skills and knowledge transfer
- Empowered survivors who are advocates for their rights
Pre-conference activities included workshops designed for breast cancer health workers and also conference delegates. There was also time to enjoy one another's company and to experience the beauty of Cape Town at this truly memorable African event!